If SQLpowerhouse does not receive any data from you, then that will make monitoring impossible. therefore we send out an email every day to customers where we have not received any data within the last 24 hours.
If you get an email like this, then you need to figure out what to do. Before contacting our support, then you can try the following before you contact support:
- Is the SQLPowerhouse service started
- Are there contact to All components involved
- Is the server setup to be collected
- Do you run the current version of SQLPowerhouse
- Is it an old server that should not be collected anymore?
If that does not help, then please contact. After you have checked the above and if you have changed something, then look in Portal.sqlpowerhouse.com to see if the column Contact has turned green in the Status webpart on the frontpage.
If that is not the case after 4 hours, then you should contact our support.
Is the sqlpowerhouse service started?
On the server where the SQL Powerhouse service is started, then please go to services, find the SQLPowerhouse service, and make sure it is running.
Are there contact to All components involved
Open the configuration tool for SQL powerhouse, and click on the Status tab. click Update status. If everything is green, then everything is ok:
- If Windows service is green, then windowsservice is not running or there are other problems with the windows service on your server.
- If web service is red, then the SQL Powerhouse collector can't be contacted, and you need to go to General conifguration and configure that.
- If one of the items below the Update status button is red, then there is problems with collecting data from your server. typically that is due to permissions.
Is the server setup to be collected
Open the configuration tool for SQL Powerhouse Windows service on your server, and go to Servers and instances:
Make sure that your server is listed, both for WMI and SQL.
Do you run the current version of SQLPowerhouse
This is a typical problem, because some customers often forget to update to newest version, and then data is not collected after a period of time.
Open SQL Powerhouse Configuration tool, go to General configuration and find the fields Software version and Script version.
They should be
1) Software version: 2.0.0
2) Script version 162
If the softwareversion is older, then find your welcome mail with all your information, and then download newest version (we recommend that you uninstall the old version first).
If the Script version is less than 162, then go to the tab "What to collect" and click "Request new definition". when you receive the new file, then click Update definition and follow instructions.
Is it an old server that should not be collected anymore?
In https://portal.sqlpowerhouse.com go to Server Monitor admin --> Server overview. find the server you want to deactivate and then deactive it by clicking Active column. All data will be kept in accordance with your subscription, and you can active the server again if you want to.